Plymouth Argyle Fans' Forum Recap: Greens' Top Brass Answer Questions

Plymouth Argyle hosted a fans' forum tonight, on the eve of the start of the 2026/27 EFL season. The Pilgrims will begin their League One campaign tomorrow afternoon against Stockport County, who lost to Bolton Wanderers in the play-off final at Wembley in May.

What happened?

Simon Hallett, Paul Berne, and Derek Adams answered questions from Argyle supporters on Friday night. Members of the Green Army had the chance to ask questions to a panel of special guests during the hour-long fans' forum.

Why it matters for Plymouth

The fans' forum took place this evening in The View, next to the Mayflower Grandstand. The discussion covered a wide range of club topics, from finances and Foulston Park to player recruitment and the sale of Lorent Tolaj.

What comes next?

The Pilgrims will begin their League One campaign tomorrow afternoon against Stockport County at Home Park. The matchday live blog will be available then. Simon Hallett revealed that Argyle voted against expanding the play-offs in League One and League Two from four to six teams.

The club's director of football, Derek Adams, said there is an 'ongoing review' over the amount of injuries Argyle have had over recent times. 'We are looking at the reasons why that continues to be a concern,' he added.

Derek Adams also said in response to a question about whether there have been any bids for Argyle striker Bim Pepple: 'There is always interest in our players. We have performed well as a team. At this moment in time we haven't had any offers that would benefit the football club.'

There have been discussions over Argyle's renewed participation in the Premier League Under-21 Cup this season. A team are about to play their first group game away to Leicester right now. Derek Adams believes that is important for the development of the club's young players and points to how it helped Michael Cooper, Adam Randell, and Luke Jephcott in past seasons.

One long-time Argyle fan thanked Simon Hallett for not listening to the 'boo-boys' who wanted Tom Cleverley out of his job early last season, and his comments were greeted with applause. 'Our pleasure' replied the chairman.

On the subject of the significant changes to the Argyle women's team this summer, Paul Berne said the losses for last season were £500,000, more than double what the club expected. He gave a detailed answer on the sequence of events which led to the contracted players all being released. 'I realise there are things we could have done differently,' he said.

Berne added that ticket sales for the whole season of Argyle women's team home games in 2025/26 were £20,000. Derek Adams said Argyle not signing any loan players so far: 'We can still use the loan market but at this moment in time a player will have to move out for us to do that.' Argyle currently have 25 players in their squad.

Paul Berne: 'Just because you read a headline on the internet, it doesn't mean there is cash in the bank.' Selling Lorent Tolaj has enabled Argyle to,

League standing (final 2025 table -- new season not yet under way): 8th in League One, 73 pts, 22W-7D-17L from 46 games, recent form WWDWD.

The Pilgrims are looking forward to the League One season opener against Stockport County at Home Park tomorrow afternoon. Plymouth Argyle are currently 30 points behind leaders Lincoln in the title race. Their last result was a 3-2 win over Northampton on May 2nd. They are on a 4-game winning run, with a recent form of 4W-1D-0L (WWWWD, most recent first).